Scratching a Log Cabin Itch
This one began as a 10-inch (finished) leader/ender project, using 1 1/2-inch brights and neutrals from that strip bin.
Then, suddenly I had 16 of them.
I really wanted to see LOTS of the neutrals together, so the quilt got bigger in order to see this pattern in a symetrical way that pleases me. It’s now 60 by 60. So I did have to make more blocks as a dedicated quilt, not as a leader/ender. And that was fun. I only had to cut a few black/white neutrals to add to what I had in this strip bin.
It’s on the longarm now, and I’ll likely finish it today.
It is a joy to work on a quilt that is squared up properly–and that is what happens when one is anal about making sure every strip sewn on to a block is “true.” If not, fix it at that spot. It’s really easy to get “off” with log cabin blocks. I keep a square ruler on my ironing board and measure as I iron each strip. That practice saves me time in the long-run and a lot of anxiety as I quilt the quilt on the longarm, which is so not forgiving of our-of-true quilts.
More pics to follow when I finish it.
2 thoughts on “Turkey Tracks: Scratching a Log Cabin Itch”
you have a wonderful artistic eye for choosing different/opposing fabrics…. expert quilting!