Interesting Information: February 12, 2019
Bathrooms and Toxic Exposure
Our skin is the largest “organ” in our bodies.
Our skin ABSORBS what gets put on it—straight into our bodies.
Much of what we are putting on our skin these days is extremely toxic. We gleefully slather on toxic brews that we think smell good. Only, unless one is using an essential oil, the smells are chemically composed.
We wear clothing we have doused in laundry products that are also toxic. Be especially aware of the toxic nature of dryer cloths. I only put then in my mailbox to deter hornets from nesting there.
We shampoo often with toxic brews—you can just rinse out your hair unless it is really greasy. You don’t have to shampoo every day.
We soap ourselves off with soaps composed of fake chemical smells. Also, over-soaping our bodies washes off the natural colonies that form and that protect us from invastion through our skin. So, wash often, especially in warm weather, but don’t soap up unless you have really gotten into grease or actual dirt. You won’t “smell.” Water is corrosive in and of itself, and it can clean you off just fine. In modern water systems, the water is heavily treated to keep it clean anyway, and your skin aborbs whatever is in that water.
Use a non-toxic deoderant. I love salt sticks which are readily available. Baking soda and a bit of corn starch to make it less scratchy also works.
Make-up, of course, is a real problem. As are “moisturers.” I use a good coconut oil laced with fun essential oils.
Here’s a post with more information: