Louisa Enright's Blog

Mainely Tipping Points

Turkey Tracks: The Braided Rug I Wanted to Make

with 5 comments

Turkey Tracks:  November 8, 2015

The Braided Rug I wanted to Make

I finished it.

And it’s just the rug that I wanted:

IMG_0707

IMG_0709

IMG_0708

So now I’m happy.

It takes me about two weeks working at night while streaming something fun on tv to make one of these rugs.

The rougher one is happier at the back door:

IMG_0711

IMG_0710

See the little rough rug to the left?  It’s made from worn-out t-shirts knitted with a garter stitch.  It’s perfect for the dogs’ water and food bowls.

Written by louisaenright

November 8, 2015 at 2:31 pm

5 Responses

1. Really like the new one. Goes so well with the colors in the kitchen. Great job!! and the rough one is also good at back door. Miss you.

June Derr

November 8, 2015 at 5:24 pm

2. The rugs are all great. Totally off topic, are you happy with your white sink? I regret that I chose white. It is always getting black stains. Stainless steel wouldn’t show them like that.

I really look forward to your blog. Keep them coming. Doing any knitting?

Margaret A Kingsbury

November 8, 2015 at 7:27 pm

• I do like my white sink Margaret. I just sprinkle something like Comet on it at night and let it sit until morning. The Mr. Clean eraser works well on it also. Knitting… I have a Cookie A sock started, but have been totally sidetracked with hand sewing. Am starting Edyta Sitar’s version of a hexie quilt–from the cover of her book A HANDFUL OF SCRAPS. More on that later…on the blog.

louisaenright

November 11, 2015 at 10:48 am

3. Louisa, May I please ask you how did you make the rugs?
    They are lovely.
    Have you seen Bonnie Hunter’s colours for this year’s mystery quilt?

Kerry.

November 13, 2015 at 1:13 pm

• Hi Kerry, THanks for reading my blog and commenting. I just put up a post on the Bonnie Hunter 2015 mystery. I’m all ready to go. The braided rugs: use the search button on the right side bar. I’ve put up a lot of posts on rugs over the past years, including pics of the frames, the go-to book for a pattern for the frame (VERY easy to make), and pics of rugs I’ve made or friends have made. I warn you, it’s ADDICTIVE. But I do love repurposing materials, like old sheets.

louisaenright